Monday, May 17, 2010

Beet Green Quiche


As a child I remember my family would make so many different kinds of quiches. My favorite one was the spinach one mixed with herbs. As I was thinking of those wonderful days I thought of making a quiche with beet greens right here at the Kismet Inn bed and breakfast.

The ingredients:
Beet Greens
Eggs
Roasted Walnuts
Barberries
Onion, garlic, salt, pepper, masala spice

Fry the onions then add garlic let them fry till they become crispy.
In a big bowl whip up the eggs with a hand whipper, add the the beet greens, roasted walnuts, barberries, the fried/crispy onions and garlic, salt, pepper and masala spice. Mix all the ingredients, whipping them by hand turn it into a big frying pan (use ghee) put a lid on it let it cook over low heat for 30 minutes!

Then let it cool cutting it into triangles after it has cooled. Serve it with salad as brunch, lunch, dinner or even breakfast just by itself. It is healthy and easy to make.

No comments: