Monday, May 10, 2010

Sword Fish with Fiddle Heads


Today at Kismet Inn Bed and Breakfast in Bath, Maine I offered Sword Fish with Fiddle Heads and my guests loved it.

It was very simple to make. To me the quality of the ingredients is the key for making any dish whether it be a French, Chinese, American, Middle Eastern, Indian and...

I usually buy my fish from Plant's Sea Food on 'High Street' in Bath, Maine which is only a few miles away from Kismet Inn. I went to get some sword fish on Friday later in the day they had sold out so I went on Saturday morning around 9 and got some sword fish. It was sparkling white. I also go some haddock as well. I will post some writings about the haddock for now here is what I did with the sword fish.

Rinse it under cold water. Warm up the pan add coconut butter, put the fish in the pan, add salt and pepper, a spoonful of saffron infused ghee let it simmer for a few minutes. Turn it over, do the same with this side.

In the meantime, clean and wash fiddle heads, add a cup of water, salt bring it to boil the turn it down let it cook for 5 minutes, add some fresh crushed ginger.

To serve:
Put the fish on the plate, put the fiddle heads over the fish et voila ready to present it to the guest to eat.

The guest loved it and finished every bite of it.

No comments: